May 17, 2010 § 5 Comments
So there’s been some discussion on Twitter this week about Facebook and its security issues. Some of us have even touted that Facebook is more skanky than MySpace. Many of us, for one reason or another, are considering shutting down our Facebook accounts, but none of us have bit the bullet quite yet.
For this week’s Take It and Blog Friday post, tell us what side of the fence you’re sitting on. Why are (or why aren’t) you concerned about Facebook’s security? Or are you contemplating a leap from Facebook for other reasons? What are the pros for leaving? The cons? It’s a personal decision for each of us, but it’s definitely good to hear from a variety of perspectives.
How To Share Your Post
Once you’ve written your FBSS TIBF post on your blog, come back here and share the link in the widget below. We’ll try to tweet as many as we can (and ironically, we’ll try to link to them on our FB page, too).
February 23, 2010 § 1 Comment
If you’re a blogger or social media enthusiast, join the Springfield Bloggers Association for a meetup on Monday, March 8, at 7 PM, at Patton Alley Pub. We’ll eat some waffle fries, throw back a few cold ones, and talk shop. Our theme of discussion will be statistics and analytics, though the conversation will probably chase a variety of rabbits in all shapes and sizes. Please join us! We’d love to meet you!
RSVPs certainly are not required, but we’d like to know how many to expect, so we can grab an appropriately-sized table. You can RSVP by
December 16, 2009 § 2 Comments
(Someone must start taking pictures at our meetups. I’m just sayin’.) Anyway, local bloggers and social media enthusiasts met on Monday night for some socializing. Those in attendance were:
- Chad Harris, Fair City News
- Keith Rogers, The Libertarian Guy
- Uli Gulje, Half Past Awesome
- Nigel Holderby, Tome Curator
- Jonathan Groves, ChangingJournalism.com
- Andy Cline, Rhetorica.net and Isocrates.us
- Kory Mitchell, espn1400.com/pages/TournamentFishing.html
- Linden Mueller, Linden’s Pensieve
- Teresa Blondo, Springfield Foodie
- Sarah Austin, A Fool of Myself
Share some link love with these awesome bloggers!
A few more notes from the meeting and recent site updates:
- We had some talk of monthly or annual dues to help cover the cost of site maintenance and hosting. One suggestion was $5/month. Another suggestion was for $12/year. If you have an opinion, please express it in the comments.
- We had some other talk of opening up the site for sponsorships/advertising. That was an easy peasy option to offer, and the details are here if you or your business wants to sponsor our site.
- We have a new Facebook fan page. Yea! Please become a fan and help spread the love of blogging.
- We’ll be updating the blogroll in January, so be looking for an email with instructions after the New Year.
- And our next meeting is Monday, January 11. Mark you calendars today!