April 11, 2011 Comments Off
We had quite the meetup tonight at the Farmer’s Gastropub. If you weren’t able to make it, we missed you! Here’s a recap of our night:
Topics of Discussion (in no particular order)
- We rescheduled the Blogaronis for Monday, May 9, at the Gastropub. Rather than formally nominating and voting as we have in years past, we are switching our annual awards up a bit. Think Dundie style. Essentially, we’re asking everyone to RSVP for the event. Those who RSVP will be assigned another attending blogger to create an award category for and provide some sort of trophy or prize. We’ll post the details for RSVPing in another post.
- We talked a bit about monetizing our blogs and whether anyone has had any success making money from their blogs. The consensus is that no one is living off the money their blogs bring in, but we tossed out several resources for those of us wanting to lose our day jobs.
- TentBlogger.com – A blog about making a living from blogging and how to transition into full-time, professional blogging
- Johnson & Johnson video blogging – Pamela mentioned that JNJhealth is looking for video bloggers and paying $100 for video (Pamela, if you have the link to how to submit a video blog, can you add it to this post’s comments?)
- BlogDash.com – a website that connects bloggers (for free) to agencies and businesses for press coverage, partnerships, writing opportunities, advertising, or anything else.
- Kickstarter.com – a website for funding creative projects
- If you’re wanting to get into the world of video blogging and want to use your iPhone 4, CK recommended the Glif, a handy-dandy tripod / stand / handle for doing a whole lot of stuff with your phone — including making a video or two.
- Pamela and Brian told us about their experience at SXSW last month. Brian has a First-Timer’s Survival Guide on his blog. Pamela had all kinds of tips for attending on a budget; we’re trying to coax a blog series out of her for the inside scoop. SXSW 2012 is next March 9-18. Anyone wanna go?
Those are the highlights. There were some colorful lowlights that we shall not mention; you’ll have to come to the Blogaronis next month to get the full Springfield Bloggers Association experience!!
February 15, 2011 § 3 Comments
[I will re-publish this once every 5 minutes or so, so be sure to refresh this page occasionally.]
Sarah calls the meeting to order at 7:27 after getting our drinks ordered and getting settled around the fireplace.
Business: Blogaronis! We’d like to book the back room at Farmers Gastropub, but we would need a critical mass to ensure that we can cover the minimum required.
Be sure to sign up at SgfBlogs.com for a member account. We have a little social network going there, and you’ll need the account to vote in the Blogaronis.
Andy Cline reminds us that original agenda of these meetings used to be
Food has arrived, so I’ll pause the live blogging for a little while. So I can stuff my face.
One final update: We Face Timed and Skyped with Nathan Maulorico, who’s in New York right now, and that was quite the experience trying to get enough light in here for Nathan to actually see us. It’s funny.
September 13, 2010 Comments Off
Sarah Austin went over the details from last meeting about what the new outlook for SGFBlogs looks like.
We will have the needs posted here soon. A lot of the “needs” are now filled, but there are a few more areas that can use some focus.
So… There is a lot of talk these days about Social Media. Between classes you can take to learn how to tweet, facebook, and the SM conferences around town it is out there. Are you working it? Are you making it work for you?