I’m a Blogger | Nigel Holderby
April 28, 2010 Comments Off
- What is your name? Nigel Holderby
- What is your blog’s title and URL? The Geek Source: www.thegeeksource.com
- What is your blog about? Technology, movies, books, comics, video games, strategy board games, chess and anything else that happens to pique the interest of geeks like myself.
- Why did you start blogging? Because, for the first time, I was allowed to say whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to say it without anyone else being able to moderate the content.
- What’s your favorite Springfield restaurant? Currently, HuHot.
- What’s your full-time job? At the moment, photographer.
- What else do you do for fun? My wife and I blog, play World of Warcraft together, hang out with our kids and we love to go out in nice weather and go on adventures and take photos.
- What words of blogging wisdom would you like to share with your fellow bloggers? Just blog. It’s that simple. If you aren’t comfortable enough to seek full-time employment as a writer or journalist, then blog. It’s hellacious fun, and you can push your creativity to the limits!
- What’s been your biggest blogging success? My current blog, so far, has had the most impact on friends, family and even those I don’t know. It hasn’t been around long, but I think the content is fresh and relevant to those likeminded individuals.
- What’s your favorite local blog? Why? I’m a fan of Half Past Awesome (Uli is a good friend of mine, too) because he relates personal experiences in a roaringly-funny way. He’s got great satire, great stories and he is not afraid to make fun of himself. My kind of blog.