April 28, 2010 Comments Off
- What is your name? Nigel Holderby
- What is your blog’s title and URL? The Geek Source: www.thegeeksource.com
- What is your blog about? Technology, movies, books, comics, video games, strategy board games, chess and anything else that happens to pique the interest of geeks like myself.
- Why did you start blogging? Because, for the first time, I was allowed to say whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to say it without anyone else being able to moderate the content.
- What’s your favorite Springfield restaurant? Currently, HuHot.
- What’s your full-time job? At the moment, photographer.
- What else do you do for fun? My wife and I blog, play World of Warcraft together, hang out with our kids and we love to go out in nice weather and go on adventures and take photos.
- What words of blogging wisdom would you like to share with your fellow bloggers? Just blog. It’s that simple. If you aren’t comfortable enough to seek full-time employment as a writer or journalist, then blog. It’s hellacious fun, and you can push your creativity to the limits!
- What’s been your biggest blogging success? My current blog, so far, has had the most impact on friends, family and even those I don’t know. It hasn’t been around long, but I think the content is fresh and relevant to those likeminded individuals.
- What’s your favorite local blog? Why? I’m a fan of Half Past Awesome (Uli is a good friend of mine, too) because he relates personal experiences in a roaringly-funny way. He’s got great satire, great stories and he is not afraid to make fun of himself. My kind of blog.
April 23, 2010 Comments Off
We had a great time at Patton Alley Pub on Monday, April 12, celebrating the Blogaronis and the best blogs in Springfield! If you weren’t there, you missed some expert emceeing from Uli and Chad, an opportunity to win the blogging book Problogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income, and the trophies of the evening: movie-sized boxes of Nerds. A huge thanks to Chad and Uli, Nathan Maulorico (for filming), Nigel Holderby (for photographing), Linden Mueller (for administrating), and Patton Alley Pub for helping us make this evening a success!
Here is your list of winners:
Comedy Blog of the Year
News or Current Events Blog of the Year
Entertainment Blog of the Year
Photography Blog of the Year
Personal or Family Blog of the Year
Local Coverage Blog of the Year
Sports or Fitness Blog of the Year
Political or Government Blog of the Year
Rookie Blog of the Year
Best Use of Social Media
Best Blog Design
Best Business Blog
Best Craft or DIY Blog
Blog Photo of the Year
- Many Faces of Ha Ha Tonka State Park (series of pics from Ozark Photos)
Blog Post of the Year
Blog of the Year
If you were a winner and weren’t able to come, we have a certificate for you and a badge for your blog. Just send an email to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch about making the exchange.
Our next meetup is scheduled for Monday, May 10. We hope you can make it!
April 9, 2010 § 2 Comments
Come one, come all! You’re invited to join us for the Blogaronis on Monday, April 12. Announcing the local blog winners will be our own bloggers Uli Gulje and Chad Harris of Half Past Awesome and Fair City News. Each winner will receive a special little award on Monday night (not much, but something fun).
You can find us in the back room of Patton Alley Pub at 7 PM. We will be using the bar’s sound system for the evening. The suggested cover for the evening is $5; this money will pay for the use of the sound system, cover some other Blogaroni costs, and pay for some promotion of our group. Everyone who contributes cover will be entered into a door prize drawing!
Dress is casual (of course), and you’re more than welcome to eat dinner and have some drinks throughout the night. Other details that might interest you: we will have a few local bloggers photographing and videographing the evening, and we’ll have a business card exchange, for those of you who are interested in that sort of thing.
Hope you can make it!