March 24, 2010 Comments Off
The nominations are in! And these are the 2010 Blogaroni Nominees! Congrats to all of these fine bloggers! Winners will be announced on Monday, April 12, at Patton Alley Pub, at 7 PM. We hope you can make it!
Comedy Blog of the Year
News or Current Events Blog of the Year
Entertainment Blog of the Year
Photography Blog of the Year
Personal or Family Blog of the Year
Local Coverage Blog of the Year
Sports or Fitness Blog of the Year
Political or Government Blog of the Year
Rookie Blog of the Year
Best Use of Social Media
Best Blog Design
Best Business Blog
Best Craft or DIY Blog
Blog Photo of the Year
- Mastering the Art of French Mechanics (A Fool of Myself)
- Many Faces of Ha Ha Tonka State Park (series of pics from Ozark Photos)
- Decorating and Undecorating Graves (Ozarks Law & Economy)
Blog Post of the Year
- Plaza Towers Ultimately Just One Tower (Fair City News)
- Blunt Can Dance (busplunge)
- Lovely Little Rant About Life (Fat Jack’s Erratic Rants)
Blog of the Year
We are working on blog badges for each of our nominees and winners. We hope to have them ready in the next few days!
(Voting is reserved for members of our blogroll. Shortly after this post goes live, if you are a member, you’ll receive an email with voting instructions.)
March 15, 2010 Comments Off
Last Monday, we had a pretty incredible meetup with local blogging enthusiasts at Patton Alley Pub. We discussed a little bit of everything under the sun, but we tried to stay focused on statistics and analytics that we use for our personal blogs. These fine bloggers were in attendance:
- Teresa Blondo, Springfield Foodie
- Dale Moore
- Linden Mueller, Linden’s Pensieve
- Andy Cline, Rhetorica & Carbon Trace
- Nathan Maulorico, Unknown Films
- Nigel Fairhart-Holderby, The Geek Source
- Nigel Holderby, Eclectic Me
- Matthew Stublefield, Silver Pen Publishing
- Desdinova–Super Villain of the Ozarks
- Jim Lee, Busplunge
- Kory Mitchell, ESPN1400.com
- Jonathan Groves, Changing Journalism
- Sarah Austin, A Fool of Myself
(If you were there and we forgot to include you in this list, please let us know. Sarah has lost her black Moleskine with her list of notes. If you know what she did with it, please let her know.)
Next month is the Blogaronis! Mark your calendars for April 12!
March 10, 2010 Comments Off
- What is your name? Chad Watson
- What is your blog’s title and URL? chadwatson – photographer.musician.blogger (www.chadwatsonblog.com)
- What is your blog about? Photography, instructional, personal work, music, my life
- Why did you start blogging? To be transparent. In the photography industry we are all so focused on showing only the good frames that we take, and there is little honesty and even less sharing of techniques and ideas. So I wanted to break down some of those walls.
- What’s your favorite Springfield restaurant? Maria’s
- What’s your full-time job? No full-time job. I am a worship leader at High Street Baptist Church part of the week, and the rest of my time is spent on photography.
- What else do you do for fun? Write music, play soccer, go to flea markets with my wife, drive my car recklessly on icy roads.
- What words of blogging wisdom would you like to share with your fellow bloggers? Be honest.
- What’s been your biggest blogging success? I posted a photo a day for 100 days straight.
- What’s your favorite local blog? Why? Practically Perfect (http://shestricky.blogspot.com). It’s my wife!
March 8, 2010 Comments Off
Blogaroni nominations begin today and continue through Sunday, March 21. The Blogaronis are Springfield’s local blogging awards for our bloggers. If you are a current member of our blogroll, please check your email for an invitation to nominate your favorite local blogs. (If you are listed and haven’t received your invitation email, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.) The top three nominees in each category will be announced on Wednesday, March 24, and voting will begin that same day and continue through Sunday, April 3. The Blogaronis will be held on Monday, April 12. (Details forthcoming!)
This year’s Blogaroni categories are:
- Best Comedy Blog
- Best News or Current Events Blog
- Best Entertainment Blog
- Best Photography Blog
- Best Personal or Family Blog
- Best Local Coverage Blog
- Best Sports or Fitness Blog
- Best Political or Government Blog
- Rookie Blog of the Year
- Best Use of Social Media
- Best Blog Design
- Best Business Blog
- Best Craft or DIY Blog
- Blog Post of the Year
- Blog Photo of the Year
- Blog of the Year
“Official” “Rules” (Subject to change whenever we see fit.)
- Bloggers may nominate themselves. (It’s a little tacky, but they can.)
- Bloggers may nominate blogs not listed on our blogroll as long as they are in or around Springfield.
- Bloggers may nominate a blog for multiple categories.
- Bloggers should submit their nominees only once. (We’re not fancy enough to track that, so be cool, and follow the rules.)
- Only bloggers listed on our blogroll are allowed to participate in the nomination and voting process.
- (3/9/2010 Update) Bloggers found in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
March 3, 2010 Comments Off
- What is your name? Matthew James Gallion
- What is your blog’s title and URL? Heady (Ir)reverence (http://matthewgallion.wordpress.com)
- What is your blog about? Dealing with my own developing philosophies and theologies, with the books I’m reading, and with the Church and the world as I see them.
- Why did you start blogging? To force myself to write more regularly and to flesh out the random, incoherent thoughts in my head.
- What’s your favorite Springfield restaurant? Peking House. Hands down.
- What’s your full-time job? I’m a graduate student and a GA in the Religious Studies department at Missouri State University.
- What else do you do for fun? I love to read, drink coffee in obscenely large quantities, watch movies, play board/card games (especially Bananagrams!), and having wonderful conversations with my lovely wife and our friends.
- What words of blogging wisdom would you like to share with your fellow bloggers? Fill your life with things that move or inspire you. Then write about them as often as possible.
- What’s been your biggest blogging success? One time, I got a post retweeted by Emergent Village. What? You’ve never heard of Emergent Village? Well, trust me. It was awesome.
- What’s your favorite local blog? Why? I love the stuff that Ian Scott Paterson is doing with his “Year of Betterment.” Also, we accidentally use the same WordPress theme. That’s what I get for not taking the time to do my own design work. I also really like Will Vastine’s photography. Like a lot.